Sunday 3 August 2014

FOTD: Winterberry Voilets

Hello there!

So a few months ago, I purchased the Fall Festival, Winterberry, and Think Pink palettes from Coastal Scents, which normally cost 13$ each. They had a 20% off promotion on their Combo Set #9, which retails for 30$, so I got 36 earleady incredibly cheap, full-sized, pigmented eyeshadows for 24$! I had stocked up on some other things too, to make shipping worthwhile.

Natural lip colour
Playful lip colour (Added 6 hours later)
The only problem with these shadows is that the shimmery/frosty ones always need a sticky base for the beautiful colours to show well... Which is fine now, because of my Glam Glue from Impulse Cosmetics. Seriously, I could probably get buckwheat flour to stick to my eyelids with this stuff. It needs Urban Decay primer underneath to keep it from creasing, but it works wonders to get shadows to stick well.

Anyway, I had fun playing with these. I'm always happiest with the turnout of an eye look when I combine warm and cool colours, even if the colour scheme is monochromatic. Scroll for the product list! :)

Face:
-Korres Mattifying Face Primer
-Body Shop All-in-One face powder #045
-Cover FX face powder #B15
-Cover FX cream foundations #B0 and #M30 mixed together
-MAC MSF Natural in Give Me Sun!
-MAC Blush in Pinch Me

Eyes:
-UDPP
-Impulse Cosmetics Glam Glue
-Coastal Scents eyeshadow in Regalia Purple (Fall Festival Palette, outer corners an crease)
-Inglot eyeshadow #493 (Blended in the crease)
-Coastal Scents eyeshadow in Amethyst (Winterberry Palette, main lid)
-Coastal Scents eyeshadow in Gunmetal (Fall Festival, ouver V)
-MAC eye pencil in Feline (waterline and lower lash line)
-Coastal Scents eyeshadow in Steel Grey (Winterberry, outer third lower lash line)
-Coastal Scents eyeshadow in Light Plum (Winterberry, inner two thirds lower lash line)
-Coastal Scents eyeshadow in White Silver (Winterberry, inner corners)
-Mascara

Lip #1
-Maybelline ColorSensation in Park Ave Peach
-MAC Lipstick in Creme d'Nude (center of bottom lip)

Lip #2
-UPDD
-OCC lip tars in Tarred, Traffic, and RX mixed to get a sea-foam green shade

I had quite a bit of fun with this, though I don't usually put satin or shimmery shades in my crease. I look forward to playing with these some more. Thanks for looking!

Lizzie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment