Tuesday 13 August 2013

Coastal Scents Hot Pot Review- Custom Palettes

Hey all! How many of you like spending more money than you need to on makeup? As you have seen in my videos and blog posts, I use eyeshadows and such from all different companies. If I find a colour I like that I don't already have or haven't seen elsewhere, I will use it. However, I don't love spending 10-20$ on unique shades...

GUESS WHO HAD A SALE ON ALREADY INEXPENSIVE PRODUCTS?!

Similar to Inglot, Coastal Scents has a system where you can built your own palettes, choosing from their large selection of eyeshadows. (Incredibly extensive! My one complaint is that they don't make a pure matte black. Not a hard one to find in general, but ya know...) They offer single pods, quads, 12-piece and 28-piece empty palettes to put these gems in.

Here are the 12 I chose! :) Swatched with a Q-tip over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.

YUMMM
The empty palette I chose was 5.95$ and each solo was 1.95, and I got 30% off. Not bad :)

I shall now post swatches, both in daylight and with a flash.

Watermelon, Petal Peach, Sunflower Petal, Light Yellow


Python Green, Limelight, Sea Lily, Empress Teal


Wild Wisteria, Queen's Jubilee, Love Spell, Fancy Pansy


So I got each of these colours for specific reasons. Mainly I chose tertiary shades I could use as in-between colours and for blending. The only 2 colours that surprised me when I got them were Petal Peach and Sunflower Petal. I expected Petal Peach to be less neutral, more of a pastel orangey-coral colour. I thought Sunflower Petal would be just a bit more on the orange side. Nevertheless, I am incredibly pleased with the uniqueness and vibrancy of these!

They are soft and smooth, really easily blended. I do find I need the NYX  Jumbo Pencil in Milk to get them to stick better, like with any bright eyeshadow. When I use the peachy shade to blend a brown colour out, in my crease, it adds a lovely warmth to the eye look.

These are ridiculously affordable and surprisingly good quality! As with any online purchase, try to compare all the pictures and chose the colours you want. So happy I have these!

No comments:

Post a Comment