Monday 27 February 2012

Liz Taylor Inspired Retro Classic Look

I recently saw "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof", based on the play by Tennessee Williams. I was disappointed by the censorship in the film, but not my the makeup that William Tuttle did! I chose not to shade in the crease like Liz Taylor had in the movie, and I went for a darker lip colour. But the winged liner and lashes, glowy cheeks, red lips and strong arched brows are my favourite part of this classy look.

Loooove the classics!
 Closeups...
Eye of the  ball
 Notice the awesome lash inserts I used to elongate the liner even more.

Da lip.

Kissy face?!!?!
Products Used

Face:
-Urban Decay De-Slick in a Tube (T-zone)
-Lancome Teinte Miracle Foundation in Bisque 7 (all over face and over eyelids)
-Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in Bisque (under eyes)
-Cover FX Full Coverage Cream Foundation (under eyes)
-Laura Mercier Matte Translucent Powder
-Nars Orgasm Blush (peachy glowy blush)
-Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer (all over contour)
-Nars Albatross (golden shimmer on tops of cheekbones)

Eyes
-Inglot Eyeshadow #30 (light shimmery peachy gold on the browbone and inner corners)
-Inglot Eyeshadow #406 (shimmery bronze on the lower lashline)
-Rimmel Glam'Eyes Black Liquid Liner (cat eyeliner)
-Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
-Quo Lash Inserts (outer lashes, and I cut some of them shorter toward the middle of my eye so they blended with my natural lashes)

- Maybelline Superstay Gloss #550 (most awesome burgundy wine red, unfortunately discontinued!!! :( whyyy)
-Buxom Plumping Lip Polish in Krystal

Hope you like this retro look!

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment