Monday 20 February 2012

My MAC Pigments

Pretty much every makeup company I can think of sells some kind of concentrated loose eyeshadow. They can be used on the eyes, cheeks and lips depending on how you work them. Pigments are very versatile. I have a few... Some Sugarpill, Inglot, Laura Mercier, Bare Escentuals, Annabelle, and of course, MAC!

These are the MAC pigments I own, excluding the stack of 4 I got from the Dazzlesphere collection.
One of them is not a pigment, but a glitter. Some of them are in the older, larger packaging. The new jars are unfortunately smaller and are sold for the same price even though they contain much less product.

This is what MAC has to say about this product:

Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin. Create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect. Does not streak or cake. Easy to blend and long-lasting.

I have Copper Sparkle, Tan, Fuchsia, Reflects Blackened Red, and Steel Blue. All swatches are done without a base, but the "wet" swatches are used with eye drops.

Copper Sparkle, Tan
Copper Sparkle
Tan
Copper Sparkle, shimmery copper tone more orange than a penny
Tan, a shimmery medium champagne colour
Copper Sparkle swatched dry on the left, wet on the right
Tan swatched dry on the left, wet on the right
Fuchsia, Reflects Blackened Red, Steel Blue
Fuchsia
Reflects Blackened Red
Steel Blue
Jars are misleading... Look at all the extra space on the sides!
Fuchsia, a bright shimmery pink (cloudy picture, I know)
Fuchsia swatched dry on the left, wet on the right
Reflects Blackened Red, a deep wine glitter
Reflects Blackened Red swatched dry on left, wet on right
Steel Blue, an intense mermaid teal with gold shimmer
Steel Blue swatched dry on left, wet on right
I just love these. It takes a bit of practice to work with them but once you figure out the best way to make them work for you, you will cry of joy like I do every time I put on my makeup.

These retail for 24$ at www.maccosmetics.com and at MAC stores and counters.

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment