Tuesday 21 February 2012

Look More Awake

There is a bug going around. I happened to catch it along with everyone else I know.
I woke up this morning feeling and looking absolutely awful, but thanks to a few tricks, I was able to hide it a bit without spending more than 10 minutes getting ready!

Look alive, pretend you're not sick!
I did not want to overdo the concealer under my eyes because I think you should be seeing the person, not the makeup, not the cold.

10 tips on looking more awake:
  1. Make sure all of your makeup is completely removed at night.
  2. Wear less foundation so your skin looks more like skin. Focus on moisturizing well.
  3. Concentrate concealer on spots that need it most... pimples, under-eye circles.
  4. Do not apply makeup around your nose if you will be using lots of tissue. A little Vaseline at night will help with the redness and dryness and you won't feel like you need to apply so much makeup.
  5. Apply a light eyeliner pencil to your waterline (white or flesh-toned) to open up the eyes.
  6. Add a light colour to your inner corners for more light and drag it slightly up to orbital bone to eliminate darkness there.
  7. Do not wear a lot, if any, darker makeup on the bottom of the eye. It will draw attention to dark circles.
  8. Concentrate definition on the upper lashes to lift tired eyes. A winged eyeliner (angled upwards, never down) will help with this.
  9. Apply a blush with a little bit of shimmer to it so your cheeks glow rather than look dull. Or, use a highlight along with your blush.
  10. Avoid heavy contouring of any kind... face, eyes, anything.
Products used:

Face:
-No foundation
-Cover FX Full Cover Cream Foundation # M40 (used as concealer on a few acne scars and dark circles)
-MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty (a rosy blush with gold shimmer)
-Laura Mercier Matte Translucent Powder (all over face for even texture)
-MAC Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown (eyebrows)

Eyes:
-Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Denim Ink (upper lashline)
-Body Shop Duo Mineral Eyeshadow in Sapphire (I used the sparkly navy colour on top of the eyeliner for fun)
-NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (lower waterline, inner corners)
-Laura Mercier loose shadow in Folie Blanche (inner corners on top of pencil)
-L'Oreal Carbon Black Mascara

Lips:
MAC Lipstick Viva Glam VI (a shiny medium plummy pink similar to my natural lip colour, only better)

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I followed you! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com . Thanks so much.

    - Cami

    ReplyDelete