Thursday 29 December 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette


It was boxing day.
There was no sale.
I was probably the last human being on Earth who did not possess this divine creation.

But NO LONGER!
Is it not beautiful?
Yes. The Naked palette from Urban Decay.
This thing came out a loooong time ago, I know, but being forbidden to purchase any makeup, I could not get it until now. Sorry, mom.
Of course, now would be the time or Urban Decay to come out with the Naked 2 palette.
On the back of the box
I must admit that I do have many neutral shades in my collection. I got the Alice in Wonderland palette from Urban Decay when it came out, and Sin came with it, so I now have 2 of those.
Generally, though, I am very happy with the colour palette because there really is something for everyone. Should come in handy when doing other peoples' makeup!

12 beautiful shades
 And  now for some closeups...


Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar


Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse


Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
 I shall swatch soon.
Here is what Urban Decay has to say about the palette:

Everybody wants to look good NAKED! Far from a group of boring beige shadows, Naked Palette's long, lean, seductive case is packed with TWELVE gorgeous neutrals, including FIVE NEW shades, and includes our pro-quality Good Karma Shadow Brush.

 

I know Virgin, Darkhorse, Buck and Naked are exclusive to the palette but I'm not sure about the other one. I got the one with the synthetic brush, not the duo Whiskey-Zero eyeliner. It also came with a mini-UDPP, which I LOVE! The mirror also makes it very convenient for travel.

Shadow Brush

Nice, soft bristles

Oooh, intimidating!


My only problem with this palette is the packaging... It is velvety and beautiful, but I can see it getting filthy quickly. At least it isn't terribly heavy like their Book of Shadows palettes.

 

Overall, I like it! I happily welcome this product to my kit. I can see it coming in handy in some great emergency. The shades are well pigmented, which is not unusual for Urban Decay, and I really like the wide range of neutrals in the palette.

This is available in Sephora locations and online for 48$. Being in Canada, I payed 58$ for it. :( I will cherish it!

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment