Saturday 17 March 2012

Happy St-Patrick's Day

Now because I hardly ever do anything normal, I decided NOT to do a green smoky eye and a clover on my cheek for St-Paddy's day.
Granted, I didn't leave the house looking like this, but that's beside the point.

So Illamasqua, an extremely expensive (sniffle sniffle) UK makeup company, recently launched a new collection called Human Fundamentalism. Now upon closer inspection of their website, you will find crazy makeup; the kind of thing that makes an obsessed little girl like me drool.

Anyway, here is their promo pic...

 I know!!! Awesome, right?!
Well here is my attempt at re-creating this look, minus the blue wig and falsies. Instead, I mixed a whole bunch of different blue and green creamy products I had and brushed through my lashes with them using a clean spoolie.
Pardon the sloppy photos, my house was very dark. CLICK TO ENLARGE!



And how, you ask, did I make my eyebrows WHITE?! 
The glue-stick method, my friend. I glopped on as much glue as I could, smoothed it out, and applied a ton of concealer over it. Then I powdered it. THEN I applied white eyeliner and eyeshadow in this here eyebrow shape.

As for the turquoise lips, I mixed a very intense teal pigment with a chunk of white eyeliner and a blob of clear lip gloss to make an intense blue lip colour.

In the photo, the model has some very heavy contouring going on. I just took some bronzer and etched it around my nose, following the bone that goes to my (natural) eyebrow. Then I blended it down toward the sides of my nose. I also added a bit under my nose for some more shape. I applied it generously to my cheeks close to my nose and brought it up into my temples. I dabbed some light gold shimmer down the center of my nose and on top of my cheekbones.

For the white eyeliner, I used a white pencil and dabbed white eyeshadow over it in a strong cat-eye shape. I did the same for the white mole.

The eyeshadow is fairly basic. Just a cream colour on the lid and inner corner, and medium taupe grey in the crease and a teensy bit of black and dark grey etched in the deep crease. I used dark grey under my lower lashes and flicked it out at the ends.


Products Used

Face:
-A glue stick layered over my eyebrows
-Cover FX full-coverage cream foundation, all over my face
-Tarte bronzer in Park Ave Princess, down the sides of my nose and on my cheeks

Eyeliner, eyebrows and mole:
-NYX jumbo pencil in Milk
-Inglot eyeshadow #496, white

Eyeshadow:
-UDPP
-Inglot eyeshadow #351, matte cream
-Too Faced Naked Eye palette: Pillow Talk blended in the crease in a round shape, a mix of Like  Virgin and Unmentionables more detailed in the crease, and a tiny bit of Stiletto also.

Lips:
-Anabelle Studio Pigment eyeshadow in Dragonette
-NYX jumbo pencil in Milk
-Random clear lip gloss

Whoo! There ya go!

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment