Saturday 21 January 2012

MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow Review and Swatches

I was on a mission.
...and then I got sidetracked by this awesome colour.

After years of seeing it used in makeup tutorials, I finally decided to purchase satin taupe eyeshadow from MAC.
MAC satin taupe eyeshadow
I expected a taupe-grey colour similar to Urban Decay's mushroom, and while they look different in the pan, they apply similarly. Satin taupe has more of a mauve kind of undertone to it, and its finish is satin-shimmer. Mushroom is darker, more grey, and much more shimmery, so it looks lighter when applied.

Here it is!




Colour payoff is really nice, but I generally don't reach for my MAC shadows as much as some of my other favourites. That may change now.
Swatch with flash
Swatch without flash

The only thing I had trouble with was that this colour faded a bit by the end of the day. I sometimes have this problem with certain MAC shadows. And yes I used primer!

Overall, this colour is very pretty and would suit practically any skin tone, depending on how you use it.
I got the refill pan at MAC for 13.50$.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! You obviously are used to blogging! Would you check out my first blog post? X

    ReplyDelete