Tuesday 10 January 2012

Fun Purple Nails

For Christmas, I got my very first crackle-style polish!
Welcome, Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Ink Splatter.

Ink Splatter

I decided to pair it over a not-so-pale purple, because I didn't want too much of a contrast with the black. I used a Forever 21 nail polish. I can't find it anymore, but I believe it is called Love&Beauty Magenta. It is a gorgeous purple that is lighter than Makeup Forever #92 eyeshadow.
Silly comparison, I know.
Love&Beauty Magenta?

The Sally Hansen black overcoat is pretty matte somehow, but I used topcoat to make it shine. The splintery black areas are thinner and more sparse with a thin layer, and larger with smaller cracks if you use a thick coat.
Obviously two coats would not create a very nice effect.

Just thought this was a nice nail look for winter. Cooler tones, not glittery or too crazy. Hope someone out there tries this out!

The Forever21 polish retails for 2.80.
The Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat is under 10$.

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment