Monday 23 January 2012

Yellow Lips?!

This one is for you, Kyle.
Kyle is my boyfriend who loves Spongebob Squarepants and bright colours very much.
Notice the new, yellow addition to my blog over there to your right?
Inspired by Kyle's quirky and bright personality is this unusual lip-focused look, if ya wanna call it that...

We all live in a yellow submarine
Because of the lighting in the pictures, my skin looks a funny colour and my lips look like duck lips.... But they're yellow so it's all good.
...And they were aaalll yellow
I don't see any reason why lips cannot be a colour other than pink or red or things like that. I like to have fun with colour, and while this may not be your ideal lip for school, you may want to try it out to wear to some kind of sporting event where the team colours are, oh I don't know, BLACK AND YELLOW.... <3 PCHS.
Moving on. People with a lot of redness in their skin might want to consider trying a colour other than yellow for this. Yellow will make redness look even worse. So will green.

Products Used:

-Lip Smackers Vanilla lips balm (I wiped most of it off once it soaked in)
-NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk (any white pencil would do, applied all over the lips)
-A mix of clear lip gloss, a small chunk of white eyeliner, and a whole bunch of powder from the following eyeshadows:
  1. Inglot #60
  2. Inglot #474
I just scraped the eyeshadow with a concealer brush and mixed it on the back of my hand with the gloss and pencil to make a kind of lipstick. I then applied it with a lip brush. The end!

 I had a lot of fun with this, and I hope you all try something like it in different colours. Who says you need to hunt down some expensive European company for yellow lips? Add some polka dots while you're at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment