Saturday 21 January 2012

Sephora Brush Set!

For Christmas, my mom got me this travel brush kit from Sephora...

Merry Christmas Lizzie!
 It contains 5 brushes.

1,2,3,4,5, everybody in the car so come on let's ride!

 Closeups!
Powder Brush
Powder Brush handle


The powder brush is about the same size as the average blush brush. The reason I really like this size for a powder brush rather than the usual jumbo brush is because I can easily apply any kind of powder to crevices of my face; particularly around my nose. The fact that it is flat enables me to gently pat the powder on then blend, rather than brush it all over my face and potentially smear my foundation at the same time... The bristles are very soft.
Eyeshadow Brush
Eyeshadow Brush handle
I have a similar brush like this from Sephora, but with a red handle. The bristles are very soft, and I LOVE it for packing on colour. I specifically use it for pigments because it helps disperse the product smoothly onto the skin, and for super bright colours. It also helps blend out the edges so nicely. I honestly wish I had 10 of these.

My mom says "Waddya need so many brushes for! You only have two eyes!"

Smudge brush
Handle
 This smudgie brush works very well for smudging out creamy eyeliners on the upper and lower lashes. It is also useful for applying darker or coloured eyeshadows to those areas. This one is not itchy like many smudge brushes are.
AWESOME FLUFFY CREASE BRUSH
... and handle
 This might be my favorite brush of the set. It is fluffy, soft, yet firm. This is the best brush I have for blending out eyeshadow in my crease. I can also apply medium-dark colours to my outer corners. Blending is an extremely important part of eyeshadow application, and a good brush is just as important. I actually LOVE it.

Angled liner brush
handle
 This brush is pretty versatile in terms of detailed application product. It is great for lining the eyes with gel or liquid eyeliner, eyeshadow, and for filling in the brows. I also like it for creating a cut-crease or double-winged eyeliner. The bristles are smooth and firm.

 This retails for 42$, though my mom says she paid much more than that. Sephora says it is an 88$ value. Overall, I think around 50-ish is reasonable for 5 brushes. The handles are fairly long for travel-size. It is a really nice kit for beginners.

Please send any requests to lizziehanley94@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment